There are a maximum number of 6 couples for each course to ensure complete attention for all individuals. Courses will fill on a first come, first serve basis. Group courses meet Wednesday evenings in the clubhouse of my beautiful apartment complex, The Esplanade in Dowtown San Jose. As courses fill, additional days and times will be scheduled to accommodate all interested couples.
The total cost for the 5-Class HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Group Course program is: $350 (includes handouts, book and CD)
***I will also be teaching at Harmony again and switching off with the current practitioner, Tracie Lynch. My next session starts on Monday, September 17th from 6:30-9pm.
These provide mothers and their birth companions the opportunity to benefit from HypnoBirthing without concern for scheduling restrictions or need for childcare arrangements or fees. Classes may be arranged at the client residence or place of preference. They can be held weekly or a course can be completed in less than three weeks, depending on the needs of each couple.
The total cost for HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Private Session program is: $400 (includes handouts, book and CD)
**My new website with fellow Practioner, Tracie Lynch** www.bahypnobirthing.com
Scroll down to read about: HypnoBirthing, Benefits,
Hypnosis, Concerns, & Education
What is HypnoBirthing?
The HypnoBirthing® childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn how to call upon your body's own natural pain inhibitors and thus lessen or even eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other creatures. You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing films showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good spirits as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the fear, tension and stress. HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth and how to trust and work with your body.
You will learn how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear that impedes your muscle activity. This instruction will teach you how to "breathe your baby" into the world without the violence of hard pushing.
With HypnoBirthing, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state; instead you will be alert, focused and profoundly relaxed. HypnoBirthing will teach you the art of using your body's own natural instincts to birth your baby in the manner that most mirrors the way nature intended.
The HypnoBirthing® Advantage
- Eliminates the fear, tension and stress before, during, and after birthing
- Removes or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours
- Diminishes fatigue during labor, leaving the mother fresh, awake, and with energy for breathing down her baby
- Minimizes the risk of hyperventilation from "shallow" breathing methods
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Allows for a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended
What You Will Learn
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth
- To disprove the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
- What is wrong with labor as it exists with most other childbirth methods
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the fear and tension that cause pain
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create you own natural pain inhibitors, the only safe labor enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to "breathe your baby" into the world without hard physical pushing
- To use your natural instincts to birth your baby in the manner that most mirrors the way nature intended
What is Hypnosis?
There is no magic to achieving success with self-hypnosis. Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration - a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel and the choices we make. It can actually control pain. Anyone who so chooses can reach a state of deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing, what you experience will be similar to daydreaming or the focusing that occurs when you are engrossed in a book, your favorite movie, or staring at a fire. In that state you are conversant and in good spirits - totally relaxed and completely in control. When preparing for birth, you will be aware of your body's contractions but will be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surge. You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, without the fear and tension that cause pain. Your body's natural anesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain. You are always aware of your environment and have power over every situation.
Common Hypnosis Concerns
Couples very often bring some definite misgivings and belief in myths surrounding hypnosis. Here are some common concerns:
-Client is afraid to get "stuck in hypnosis."
- This just does not happen. Should the practitioner stop talking, one of two things would happen: the client would simply slip into a natural sleep for a few minutes or the client would naturally be aroused by the absence of the practitioner's voice
-Client fears that financial or family secrets will be revealed.
- Since the client is aware throughout a hypnosis session, it is he or she who controls what will be revealed. Hypnosis is not a "truth serum."
-Client fears that the hypnotist will be in control of his/her mind.
- The client is totally in control, can hear everything that is said, and can respond verbally and physically. The body relaxes as if asleep, but the mind remains even more alert.
-Client has doubts about his/her ability to "go into hypnosis."
- Almost anyone who wants to be hypnotized can achieve the relaxed state of hypnosis. Since hypnotherapy is a therapy of consent, the client usually comes to the therapy session anticipating that hypnosis will take place.
-Client may fall asleep.
- It is rare that a client actually falls asleep, yet it is very common for a client to snore while deep in hypnosis. If your client has, in fact, fallen asleep, simply touch them lightly on the hand or arm and they will awaken. Upon awakening say, "That's fine. Now I'd like you to close your eyes again and go back into hypnosis again, all the way down to the edge of sleep but not asleep." Women in labor often give the impression of sleeping, when actually, they are quite alert.
-Client fears that he/she will do things that will be humiliating.
- Since the client is fully in control, nothing will occur unless the client wished to act in a particular (or peculiar) way. Stage hypnotism has left us with this myth.
-Client fears that he/she may do something that is against moral standards and may even be convinced to do criminal acts.
- This is a common misconception on the part of many religious leaders. It, too, is a myth. A person will not do anything under hypnosis that he/she would not be inclined to do normally. Since the practitioner does not control the client's mind or behavior, there is little likelihood of any betrayal of morals (unless the person is looking for an excuse).
-Client is afraid that his/her mind is "too sharp" to go into hypnosis or if he does go into hypnosis, it's because he is weak minded.
- The idea of someone being "too strong willed" or "too sharp" is a myth. Actually the more the person is able to use both sides of the brain, the better the subject he/she is. Creative people are usually better able to visualize and follow guided imagery.
-Client has a fear that hypnosis can cause a person to enter "another realm."
- Since hypnosis is simply relaxation, the usual application of hypnosis will not bring the client "into outer space" or "out of mind or body." Hypnosis can be a benefit to the laboring mother as she enters that natural amnesiac state that many are able to achieve during the latter part of the first stage of labor.
One HypnoBirthing® course consists of five, 2 ½ hour classes taught over a five week period. Both group and private classes are available.
HypnoBirthing can be of benefit at any stage of pregnancy and can enable you to have the best possible birth. It is recommended that classes be taken by the beginning of the third trimester, but earlier is perfectly fine. The goal is for you and your birth companion to have time to practice the techniques involved and build on your positive birth expectations. It is never too late to start and even a late introduction is better than nothing at all.
- Why labor hurts and why it doesn't have to
- Preparing your mind and body for birthing
- Avoiding artificial induction and episiotomy
- Developing the ultimate depth relaxation
- Understanding the stages of labor
- Preparing your Birth Plan
- Tapping Nature's own pain inhibitor
- Breathing your baby down for birth